Monday, September 11, 2006

What Have I Been Up To?

I guess you clicked here, so for some strange ass reason you wish to know what I have been up to. The answer is, not very damned much.

My wife and I wanted to take the kids to see the new Pirates movie Saturday, but we came too late so we saw "Wicker Man" instead. Not a bad movie if you disregard the final scene of the movie. I hate that "6 Months Later" crap.

We bought a bed for the baby Saturday, nothing great, but very safe and it looks pretty comfortable. This makes it a little more real to me. My wife and I have been trying to have another baby since Selena was about three months old, and she'll be 4 in March, so we are definitely looking forward to welcome the new addition to our home.

Thursday we find out the sex of the baby. If boy, Alex Lifeson will be it's name. The name comes from the guitarist of Rush, the band that is tied for my favorite band with Dream Theater. If it's a girl, her name will be Samantha Lynn. Samantha after the name of the main charachter in my first novel 'The Stranger Within'. The Lynn is not only Janae's middle name, but my sister-in-law's middle name. So that's cool.

I took a bit of a break on my book for the summer, taking notes and changing only a few things here and there, but will resume work tomorrow morning. I'm really looking forward to it. I've decided to make a charachter that had only a small part, into a more central person in the story line, and this will definitely make things much better. I really believe that I can get this sold.

There are two other books that I have gone back into the last couple of months to keep my writing fresh. A fantasy novel that I'm working on with my friend Heath, and a murder/mystery that my sister-in-law Tonya, and I, started many years ago.

I'm gonna get to work now, I've got to verify some sales and run a few reports for the day shift ops. So until later... later.


NP: Ayreon - Waracle (acoustic 'TFE' special edition version)

No comments: