Saturday, May 19, 2007

My Baby Girl Samantha


My baby girl, Samantha, got her four month shots yesterday. She cried when they stuck the needle in her tiny leg, as you can imagine, but otherwise seemed fine. She spent the day sleeping, which is normal, at least for our kids. She even slept through the night, which is normal for Samantha... she is a good baby.


Then, this morning, all hell broke loose. She started screaming her little head off, usually signaling "hey people, feed me". My wife got up to feed her and noticed she was burning up. Janae took her temperature and it was hovering around 105ish! She gave Samantha tylenol and a bath and that helped a little, but with a little baby (especially one that had RSV) a trip to the ER was just about mandatory.I'm here alone with the two big kids now, while Janae sits at the hospital, me missing her, and presumably, her missing me.


The last I heard, Samantha had an allergic reaction to the shots, and someone is supposed to be coming to give her little tummy an x-ray.So, if you are the type of person that prays, pray for my baby. All others, positive vibes, good karma, whatever have ya... we could use whatever you can give.

No comments: