Monday, September 22, 2014

Flying Colors - Self Titled (debut)

Flying Colors - Self Titled (debut)

From the first time I heard this disc, I knew it was something special. The songs are not exactly what you would expect from a team featuring Neal Morse and Mike Portnoy, but this album is damned near perfect. The music is hard rock and even poppy at points, and every song is a winner in my book. There are some great proggy sections thrown in as well, but with MP, NM, and Steve Morse, it is to be expected. Primary vocalist, Casey McPherson sounds phenomenal, and has quickly catapulted way up on my favorite singers list (though, no one could replace Neal Morse at the top, so I'm happy that he has plenty of singing sections on this album). Round out the line up with Dave LaRue on the bass guitar, and you have an amazing super group, with a masterpiece debut.

The follow up album, "Second Nature", will be released here in the states September 30th... can't wait to feast my ears on more new Flying Colors. Amazing band!

Favorite 3 Songs: "Blue Ocean", "The Storm", "Infinite Fire"

No comments: