Sunday, September 21, 2014

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raising Sand


Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raising Sand

I found this at a yard sale on Friday for a quarter, and I do like Robert Plant's voice, so I figured I needed to buy it. I haven't heard anything from this before, so this is the first listen. I'm on the first track ("Rich Woman"), and so far it's a bit quiet and slow, but that's not a bad thing. On to "Killing the Blues"... so far, so good.

edit: People coming to hear something in the vein of Led Zeppelin will be sorely disappointed. If you come into this because you love Plant's voice, then you're going to be pleased. For the most part, the music is very mellow and country in sound. Some great acoustic music, and amazing vocals from both singers here.

Favorite 3 Songs (after one listen): "Gone Gone Gone Done Moved On", "Through the Morning, Through the Night", "Please Read the Letter"

No comments: