Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Status Updates (September 2nd & 3rd)

Well, well, well. Another day begins, and with it, the hopes and dreams of a nation. Not just a nation of hopeless dreamers, and loving lovers, but a nation of dreaming hopelessly, and lovers loving. All of this means that something is right. Something is so very right. And for that, I think we can all thank Mr. Al Gore, and Mr. Ed (the talking horse). Now, enough of the small talk, let's get to my random "status updates" through out the evening:

01 - I keep hoping that one day Samantha will wake up and finally realize that she can't do whatever it is that she wants. She doesn't listen to a word we say, and I suck at discipline. I really wish she would stop walking all over us.

02 - I think I could listen to Transatlantic's "Kaleidoscope" album on an endless loop for a week straight, and never get tired of it. Such an amazing album!

03 - I want to believe in a loving and kind God, but let's face it, these days the evidence points at quite the opposite. If there is a God, he is really not fond of this insanely hate filled race that we have built up for ourselves.

04 - I swear, anything that Neal Morse touches, musically, turns to absolute gold. Damned good reason why he is my favorite musician, by far.

05 - I think I'm going to play Diablo 3 for twenty minutes, before it's time to start working. It's going to be a very long, and crappy night at work. May as well enjoy myself for a bit. Just one Rift, and then I can devote the rest of this night to my under-paying job.

06 - The fucking router went down just as I had the Rift Guardian down to like 5% life. Fuck, it's been almost three years with Cox, and though we've gone through troubleshooting a millionty times, and have had someone out at least five times, every solution has been useless. Getting so damned tired of this.

07 - Okay, so work is in high gear now. And I hates it. I know, nobody likes their job. But this is different because... okay, this is not different at all. But I still hates it. At least Coheed will keep me company, and in the end, that's all that really matters.

08 - Sometimes I wonder if there are invisible pixies that come into the house while I'm sleeping, and cause mischief. I imagine there are. And I'm pretty sure they are the ones that eat things that they shouldn't be, leaving messes where there should not be, leaving doors open, and pretty much every little thing that I just assume was one of the kids. This makes much more sense than one of my sweet, innocent, angelic children doing it. Yes... much more sense.

09 - I just wanna say something really important here -- I'll leave the light off to turn your mother on.

10 - I'm just gonna say it. I know that everybody is thinking it, and if they aren't, then it's those people that really frighten the hell out of me. I hate wearing underwear. It's like a pair of pants on, underneath your pants. I can't ever get the two to be in the position that I like them to be. And I don't like underwear going up inside of my ass crack. I just hate everything about underwear. Who came up with the stupid idea of clothes underneath our clothes, and can we club that person like the dirty, rotten baby seal that they are?

11 - My knee is still throbbing. It has been hurting for a few weeks, but when I tripped in our basement flood waters on Thursday, I think I really injured something. If it doesn't at least stop throbbing soon, I may have to see my doctor. Fantastical.

12 - I think it's amazing how much music can touch a person. I never knew John Lennon, obviously, but when Paul McCartney was singing "Here Today" on the DVD I'm watching, the tears were flowing. Such an emotional song.

13 - The router went down again. The time is 1:04 AM. Let's see how long this piece of shit can keep going for this time.

14 - Red, it's your problem. I gotta make a pie.

15 - Sometimes I wonder if too many voices in my head is a bad thing. But then I realize that sometimes all I need is just some company to get me through the lonely times... while I burn this place down. And that is really all that matters at the end of a long day.

16 - It's all fun when you're making out on the couch. But then they get bigger... and bitchier. I assume I'm talking about sewer rats here. But who can really tell with me?

17 - This is the point during the night when I realize that I am awake, and you are all sleeping. You all suck!

18 - I've always wanted to jump out of a cake. Life sucks :(

19 - Sometimes I don't want to wait for shit to cook. I just want to eat it. Like your mom... I want to eat your mom.

20 - Okay, admit it, you have all pictured me naked... hundreds of times.

21 - Forgot to update, but the router went down about an hour ago. And now the internet is going in and out at an annoying rate. I'm getting rather pissed off at the whole thing.

22 - A lot of stuff going on with Liberty's Exiles right now. I just did my first interview for an upcoming magazine, I redid a track for our 8th album, and wrapped up three others for the same album. All I can say about this album is that it is going to be amazing!

And that is the end of my work night. I guess it looks a lot more glamorous than it really was. Oh sure, I can see you all hanging on my every word as you reach this point. Maybe you are at the edge of your seat, with tears streaming down your face from the immense beauty that I have shared with you. The reality is that I'm rather boring, and undeserving of your adulation. Until tonight... later all. Gotta go deal with my wife (groans!).

No comments: