Thursday, September 04, 2014

Rush - Time Machine

Rush - Time Machine

Now, I know that Rush have released a live album from every tour since "Test For Echo", and I know that there was no new album to promote during this tour (though the "Caravan"/"BU2B" single was just released), but this is still a great show. Putting aside that they played the entire "Moving Pictures" album front to back for the first time (only "The Camera Eye" being a real surprise), there is a lot of great material here. The biggest surprise for me was the title track to their 1989 album "Presto". This is a great live set, and one that I find myself coming back to time and again. The band are playing great this night, and Geddy's vocals are at the top of their game. All in all, another stellar live effort from the holy triumvirate. 

No comments: