Friday, September 19, 2014

Rush - Clockwork Angels

Rush - Clockwork Angels

It's hard to believe that this album is already more than two years old. It seems like just a couple of months ago that this masterpiece was finally delivered to us from the Canadian trio. And though I may have played this album hundreds of times, it is just as good to me now, as it was on the day of its initial release.

Although Rush released "Caravan" and "BU2B" the year before, in the months leading up to their "Time Machine" tour, and "Headlong Flight" a month or so before the release of the album, I heard no other songs from this disc prior to its release. With each new release, it is possible that Rush were releasing their final album, and I wanted to delay my listening of the disc until I could hold the physical copy in my hands.

I still remember that first listen through of the album, with my headphones on, and a huge smile plastered across my face, as I listened to my favorite band deliver song after song of that classic Rush sound. And when I say classic, I mean the hard edged stuff from their early days, the emotional, synth driven pieces of the 80's, and more of that focused sound from their latter years. Here they combined it all in what is still one of my favorite albums from them to this day.

Favorite 3 Tracks: "Clockwork Angels", "The Wreckers", "The Garden"

No comments: