Monday, September 22, 2014

Meat Loaf - Couldn't Have Said It Better

Meat Loaf - Couldn't Have Said It Better

Sometimes you just need to listen to some Meat Loaf. This is easily my favorite Meat Loaf album. So much great music, and without the help of Mr. Jim Steinman (which surprises me on quite a few of these songs, as they have Steinman written all over them... especially the title track and "Did I Say That"). With material every bit as good as the first two "Bat" albums, I've always been surprised that this one didn't get more attention than it did. Another masterpiece. This a great album from start to finish, and further proof that Meat Loaf is one of the greats. After this album, Meat's voice was a bit hit or miss, but for this album, his voice was still perfect.

Don't get me wrong on that last statement... I've loved his voice on every album. It just gets weaker with age, and he is certainly not getting any younger (despite my petitions to make that happen).

Favorite 3 Tracks: "Couldn't Have Said It Better", "Love Your Out Loud", "You're Right, I Was Wrong" 

No comments: