Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Status Updates (Sept. 9th & 10th)


I didn't do one of these yesterday, and so much has gone wrong over the entire planet today. I guess it was inevitable. Without my wit and wisdom, the world seems to just break down. I don't know why I only though of myself yesterday, but I can offer up this apology, and try and be better in the future. Not only is it what every single person alive today deserves, it is what I deserve. 

01 - Got the standalone version of Rush's "Vapor Trails Remixed" today. In addition to that, I learned of an amazing box set coming in November with all of Rush's recent concerts release on Blu-Ray, and an incredible looking bonus disc. That bonus disc is going to be the turning point in Rush fandom, because it reportedly contains a show with Rutsey on drums. The Laura Secord Secondary School show has shown up in bits and pieces, but only a couple full songs exist so far. Also, a show from the "2112" tour (or was it the "All the World's A Stage" tour?). Can't wait to get my grubby Rush fan fingers on that bad boy!

02 - I hate it when I mess up at work. It drives me nuts. I need to pay a lot more attention!

03 - I just saw lightning out through the window again. So far it is staying outside, but the second that lightning comes in the house, I'm going to have to politely ask that it come back another day. I simply do not have time to deal with it today. 

04 - Alone with my thoughts is never a good thing. I don't like my thoughts. Sometimes they can behave, but other times they are such little assholes, and I can do nothing to control them. That's why I like sleep (though I haven't had much of it for the last few days), because it shuts the damned thoughts up for a little while.

05 - Basement is flooded again. This is the fourth time in two weeks. And the owners of the house have made no move to help correct it, and obviously we just can't afford it. This is being rented as a "three bedroom" house, but one of the bedrooms are in the basement, as well as my office, and they just keep getting flooded. I'm about at the end of my rope here.

06 - It's hot and wet down here. It's like a naughty movie, but without all of the fun of a naughty movie. I may have to commence with the burning of this place down.

07 - I think that for the most part, I'm a nice person. I can't do confrontation, and I don't like to hurt people. Even people that don't deserve my kindness, I try to be nice to. So I guess maybe I am a good man. Or at the very least, I try to be.

08 - Why do people yell out that they love artists at live show? Do you really love that person? I mean, I love their music, but I don't love any of them. 

09 - I did a crazy bathing suit shoot today. Didn't notice that I was showing a bit too much "brain", but it's okay, cause that shit was hot.

10 - I love you dearly, my friend.

11 - Staring at Excel spreadsheets, and Access tables all night long, really starts to play on my sanity. I start to thinking maybe... just maybe... Smurf Genocide (band name?)!

12 - I really hope my Router/Modem aren't reading this... I haven't had any problems with the router or the modem for a couple days now. It's actually pretty fantastic.

13 - I think that from now on, people should call me Master Bay-Tor. It's a very cool name, and I "corral the tadpole"... a lot.

14 - I'm so tired I stopped seeing sounds and hearing colors, and have started hearing sounds and seeing colors. This is some weird, trippy shit!

Okay, that's all I have to say. Good night.

No comments: