Friday, September 19, 2014

Top 5 Favorite Genesis songs.

1: Domino
Okay, so it may be blasphemous to some people to choose a post Gabriel era track as my number one favorite, but this song is just such a killer track. It's got everything I love in a prog tune. Multiple moods and changes, great lyrics, and fantastic music.
2: Supper's Ready
This song is so close behind "Domino", that it damned near wants to be my number one favorite. This is probably one of the best epic prog tunes to ever be written. This was back when the band were really full blown proggers, and it shows in this twenty-three minute track. Such a powerful song, both instrumentally, and vocally.

3: Dancing With the Moonlit Knight
Another Gabriel era song, and it's a killer tune that leads off this masterpiece of an album. Some beautiful vocals open this bombastic classic, with plenty of insane instrumental work throughout. 

4: Dance On A Volcano
The opening cut to the first album to feature Phil Collins as the lead vocalist for the entire disc. This song starts with perhaps some of my favorite guitar work, and only soars ever higher from there. Another kill song instrumentally, and the "new guy" isn't have bad behind the mic either.

5: Fading Lights
Though I love everything about this song, it's the lyrics and the emotional delivery from Phil that really makes the song something special to me. It may not be that classic prog sound, but for me, this song is better every time I hear it.



No comments: